Tuesday, June 26, 2007

I am blessed.

People enter our lives every day. Some we don't even remember, some stay a while and then leave. While there are others who even though, may not be in front of you all the time, you carry them in your heart. Why? Because they touch your soul. It may be a feather light stroke or a full blown bear hug. But those are the ones that matter.

One such person in my life is my friend Aamna. Hers isn't a feather light touch. Its a bear hug. Not just once, but every time I see her, every time I talk to her. How can I forget the day in 2004 when I walked up to her and said, "Aamna, I am thinking of taking the hijab." She was esctatic! Her response, "Do it Kakoo, I will be here for you as it is a not an easy thing to do." It is 3years now, since I started wearing it. To date, Aamna says I am a sexy hijabi. LOL! Go figure.

Aamna has made me see that the future is bright, not matter how dark it may be tonight. She makes me look to the possibility of the happiness.

The other such person just entered my life. Makes me remember things about my past. When the possibility of happiness was a reality. Whether it be a book that I read sitting in my bedroom, a little girl of 8, or a show that I watched which I found hilarious even at that age. I am remembering things that I had locked away in my mind. Things that made me who I am today. I still remember turning pages after pages of The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe, The Faraway Tree and being lost in it so much so that I was oblivious to everything else. I guess some things never change.

Thank you. Both of you. :) U know who you are.

So, here is a little prayer to all my friends and loved ones.

"May Allah(SWT) grant you happiness in this world and the hereafter. May HE give you joy like you have given joy to others. May all your hardships be made easy. May all your troubles fade. May you always be loved. For love is the ultimate blessing one can get. And may your sins be forgiven. And may we be together in this world and Akhirah, always. Ameen!!"

1 comment:

Jay said...

I know exactly what you mean kahkashan. Isn't it wonderful that people can connect with each other by remembering things from childhood? I have a very good memory and have very fond memories of my childhood and reading books like the lion, the witch and the wardrobe and many others including enid blyton's famous five.

I can still remember the excitement and joy I used to get from going to my relative's house and getting him to buy second hand annuals and books like rupert the bear from a second hand bookshop on their road.

I also remember the cartoons and shows I grew up with in the 80s as a child and have very fond memories of them even now.